Not only Korea dramas, the Vietnamese also love food from this “Kimchi” land. And following the present open-market policy of Vietnam, the numerous Korean have entered into Vietnam with many purposes such as: travelling, fan-meeting or also commercial, work and investment as well.
As we might know, except for some visa exemptions, Korean residence while entering into Vietnam must apply for a visa, a few concerns about visa for Korean residence as follows:
1. The status of visa for foreigners must not be changes;
2. Each person shall be granted a visa, except under-14-children who share passports with their parents or guardians;
3. Visa may be issued into passport or separate pieces of paper depend on specific State throughout entry and export procedure;
4. There are two types of visa in Vietnam: one time visa and multiple time visa. The first one is only one time entrance, the second one does not limit the procedures for entry and export from within validity time of visa;
5. Law regulates the symbols of Visa, temporary residence card is the abbreviation from the purpose of the one applying for the visa which should be clear, following are regular used symbols:
- Visa with ĐT symbols – to be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam;
- Visa with DN symbol – to be granted to people who come to work with Vietnam-based enterprises;
- Visa with NN1 symbol – to be granted to the head of representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-government organizations in Vietnam;
- Visa with NN2 symbol – to be granted to the head of representative offices or branches of foreign businessman, representative offices or other foreign economic organization, cultural organization, professional organizations in Vietnam;
- Visa with NN3 symbol – to be granted to people who come to work with foreign non government organization, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative of other foreign economic organization, cultural organization, professional organizations in Vietnam;
- Visa with DH symbol – to be granted to people who come to study or intern;
- Visa with LĐ symbol – to be granted to foreign people who come to work;
- Visa with DL symbol – to be granted to people who come to travel;
- Visa with TT symbol – to be granted to foreigners who are parents, spouses, under-18 children of foreigners holding LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1 or LĐ visas, or foreigners who are parents, spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens.
(detaied on Article 8 of Law Entry, exit, transit, and resisdence of Foreigners in Vietnam 2014).
To apply for the Visa, which requirement must Korean Residence comply?
1. Having a passport or an international travel document and a visa;
2. Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry;
3. For the long term grant of visa, Korean residence has to be invited or guaranteed by an agency, organization or individual in Vietnam, except the cases prescribed in Clause 3, Article 17 of this Law.
In some specific cases, Korean residence:
1. Must have documents which proving their investment in Vietnam in accordance with Law on investment;
2. Must have license under circumstance of foreigners in accordance with Law on lawyers (in case practicing law in Vietnam);
3. Must have work permit in accordance with Labor Law;
4. Must have admission documents of Vietnamese schools or educational institutions under study circumstance;
Note: Korean residence may have 15 days visa exemption for every entry with the passport validity at least 6 months and round-trip ticket. However, if the foreign residence want to have another visa exemption, the next entries shall be extended at least 30 days since the last entry. Under circumstance of not enough 30 days, the foreign residence shall apply for Vietnam visa in accordance with legal regulation.
Condition for the grant of Visa for Korean residence:
Foreigners (except for visa exemption cases) when entering into Vietnam are all required to the grant of visa by invited or guaranteed by agencies, organizations, individuals or apply for a visa:
1. In case the subjects are agencies, organizations inviting and guaranteeing foreigners then must follow this procedure:
Agency must prepare the dossiers on purpose of taking procedure for getting entry permission in writing for Korean residence:
- The organization’s establishment license (notarized Business registration certificate, Seal registration document and Seal and signature introducing of organization’s representative document);
- Inviting and guaranteeing document for the grant of visa for foreigners with symbol NA2;
- Seal and signature registration document of the organization representative with symbol NA16.
Within 5 days since the date of receiving the document for the grant of visa, the immigration authority will consider, solve and answer the agencies, organizations, individuals inviting and guaranteeing and announce for the competent authorities that have the right for the grant of visa of Vietnam in abroad.
After receiving the confirmation document from the immigration authority, agencies, organizations, individuals inviting and guarantee foreigners into Vietnam will announce to the foreigners to take the procedure for the grant of visa at competent authorities of Vietnam in aboard.
2. At present, Vietnam issues electronic visa for the residence from 40 countries within 1 month and allows them to enter through 28 international border gates of Vietnam, the procedure for the grant of electronic visa is completely carried through internet and computer from information registration to payment and pay result the visa.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact Apolat Legal – An International Law Firm in Viet Nam.
This article is for general information only and is not a substitute for legal advice.