International Commercial & Trade
Sanctions, international trade, and investment compliance rules can result in the imposition of onerous restrictions on businesses. Violations can lead to substantial risks, including criminal liability, fines, penalties, loss of business, reputational harm, and a variety of associated costs which can be difficult to quantify.
Our lawyers help clients overcome these challenges and successfully compete in the world’s developed and emerging markets. We advise major industrial, technology, consumer products, manufacturing, distributing and selling their products and services in Vietnam. We also help clients select, monitor and manage their relationships with the third-party suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and sales agents in their supply chains.
Well-versed in regulatory and commercial law, we advise companies on compliance issues such as trade sanctions, as well as commercial contracts, product labelling requirements and sales promotion. No matter the issue, we focus on simplifying complex trade requirements so our clients can focus on growing their businesses.
We provide the full range of support to clients including:
- assessing potential risks associated with particular contracts, relationships or proposed business ventures, including in relation to sanctions and foreign direct investment;
- advising on mergers & acquisitions, on dealings with agents, distributors and other third parties. This includes conducting due diligence, drafting and negotiating appropriate contractual protections, and setting in place operational, compliance;
- drafting compliance policies and assisting clients with the implementation of these policies;
- providing sanctions compliance training to senior management, boards of directors, employees and agents;
- assisting clients faced with regulatory investigations or prosecutions concerning sanctions and other regulatory breaches, including approaching authorities and negotiating settlements;
- tracking regulatory developments.