National Office of Intellectual Property (“NOIP”) issues the Notification on assistance for international registration of patents for individuals26/05/2020 admin
In the scope of the Intellectual Property Development Program from 2016 to 2020, on May 15th, 2020, NOIP had issued Notification No. 5360/SHTT-NĐHT on recording the subjects entitled to support on international registration by the NOIP and the contents to be supported, namely:
Regarding subjects to be supported
Individuals who are Vietnamese being the application owner satisfies the following requirements:
- Being eligible for patent protection requirements;
- Being applicable in production and business activities;
- Having not yet been received fund from the State Budget for international patent registration; and
- Submited patent applications at the NOIP in the period from August 15th, 2019 to May 15th, 2020.
Regarding the contents to be supported
- Consulting, guiding the general procedures, regulations and documents for submitting an international registration application for patent;
- Adjusting the document description when submitting in the international phase and translate such Description into English;
- Preparing documents, filling in the form as prescribed by law;
- Industrial property representation fee in Vietnam; and
- Submitting the patent registration to the International Registration of Patents according to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) in the international phrase.
Support 70% of the total fund for submitting patent applications in the form of PCT filing in the international phase (maximum VND 60 million / solution). The remaining funding shall be borne by the individual participating.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact Apolat Legal – An International Law Firm in Viet Nam.
This article is for general information only and is not a substitute for legal advice.