How to obtain certificate of eligibility for sports business?02/07/2021 admin
Nowadays, health is the most concern not only in Vietnam but also in the world at large. Apart from eating clean and having a balanced diet, doing exercises is an indispensable part of improving and enhancing your health. However, currently, doing exercises is not anymore confined to running around the park or working out at home. Instead, most people want to train their health in well-equipped sports centers and follow personalized training plans with the assistance of professional trainers to achieve their goals faster. To accommodate such demands, many sports business facilities with diverse services and modern equipment have been opened.
However, not all enterprises can establish gyms or sports training centers. To be eligible for sports business, an enterprise has to obtain a Certificate of eligibility for sports business issued by the competent authority.
In this article, Apolat Legal will discuss the conditions and procedures for obtaining the Certificate of eligibility for sports business.
1. The conditions for enterprises applying for the issuance of the Certificate of eligibility for sports business.
The Certificate of eligibility for sports business (hereinafter referred to as “the Certificate”) is an official document issued by the competent State authority (the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs) to organizations, enterprises and individuals related to sports business; using sports facilities and equipment to provide one, several or all sports services including guiding, training, performing, competing to gain profits.
To obtain the Certificate, an enterprise has to satisfy the conditions for sports business, including conditions of physical facilities and professional staffs as followed:
Conditions of physical facilities, equipment and devices: Must meet national technical standards published by the Minister of Vietnamese Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. Each particular sports field will have its own conditions.
Conditions of professional staff:
a. Trainers: Must meet one of the following conditions:
- Being coaches or athletes of level two or higher or other equivalent levels in accordance with the registered sports activities;
- Having degrees in physical training and sport of at least intermediate level in accordance with the registered sports activities;
- Being trained in sport professionals according to the regulations of the Minister of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
c. Medical staff.
Moreover, if an enterprise operates in adventure sports, it has to provide a permanent medical staff or have a written agreement with the nearest medical organization about a medical staff who will give first or emergency aid for participants in adventure sports if necessary. If an enterprise operates in sports activities in rivers, ponds, large streams or at sea, apart from general conditions, it must have an engine-driven lifeboat to qualify for doing sports business.
2. Procedures for issuance of the Certificate of eligibility for sports business
When applying for the Certificate, enterprises must prepare the following dossiers:
- An application for issuance of the Certificate of eligibility for sports business;
- A brief report on the preparation of business conditions for sports activities ;
- A copy of the Enterprise Registration Certificate;
- A copy of the certificates and diplomas of professional staffs for adventure sports, water sports and sports activities that are compulsory to have trainers.
The enterprise shall submit the dossiers at the Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism where the business location is registered or where the headquarter of the enterprise is located. After receiving the application, the Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism will give the receipt of the dossier to the applicant, within 03 (three) working days from the receiving day of the application, the enterprise will be notified directly or in writing if the dossiers need to be modified or supplemented.
If the application is valid, within 07 (seven) working days from the receiving day, the Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism will carry out the examination of the conditions for operating sports business at the business location and proceed to issue the Certificate if the enterprise sufficiently satisfies all conditions as prescribed by law.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact Apolat Legal – An International Law Firm in Viet Nam.
This article is for general information only and is not a substitute for legal advice.