Apolat Legal advises and assists Topcake, a famous high-quality packaged cake and candy producer, whose head office and plant are located in Long An province, Vietnam, in a transaction to transfer its entire brand and business operation.
During the whole negotiation and implementation of this transaction, Apolat Legal is the primary legal consultancy agency for the Client to:
- Advise and prepare the enterprise before it enters into the transfer transaction;
- Advise and review the principle agreements with regard to the asset transferring transaction;
- Participate in the handling of mortgaged assets in banks;
- Advise on the transaction to transfer land use rights in the industrial park, work with the enterprise managing the infrastructure of the industrial park and review relevant documents;
- Advise on the transfer of rights with regard to the enterprise’s intellectual property and business secrets;
- Jointly participate in meetings between the parties to negotiate matters relating to the transfer.
Unlike transactions to acquire enterprises through capital ownership, the transfer of assets and business operation of an enterprise is a complicated process that involves countless relevant parties. Without proper internal preparation prior to implementing the transaction, the transferor is very likely to be in breach of the contract and suffer penalties as they cannot properly perform the contract. Therefore, the enterprise’s owner should not overlook the necessity of having an overview of their enterprise’s status, working in advance with third parties and rectifying the shortcomings of their enterprise if they wish to transfer their business activities.
Mr. Dinh Quang Long – Managing Partner of Apolat Legal was in charge of advising Topcake on this transaction with the support of Associate Thieu Thi Kieu Thu, paralegal Nguyen Vu Hoang Long and paralegal Nguyen Thi Tra My.