Before being a co-founder and a manager of Apolat Legal, Attorney Pham Thi Thoa used to hold key positions in many law firms and investment consultancies. At present, in addition to being a Partner of Apolat Legal Law Firm, she is an Asset Manager of the International Asset Management and Liquidation Partnership and Arbitrator of Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC).
Attorney Pham Thi Thoa has had years of practicing in intellectual property, M&A, real estate, enterprise re-construction, legal retainer, international commercial and trade and dispute resolution for local and oversea clients.
Attorney Pham Thi Thoa also participates in resolving bankruptcy cases as an Asset Manager of the International Asset Management and Liquidation Partnership and resolving the dispute as Arbitrator of the Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC).
Representative legal matters
- Counseling and representing the seller of 100% of shares in the transaction of selling the Fund Management JSC to a Korean Company.
- Counselling Southern Regional Party Committee on the restructuring, trading, auction, and leasing of properties of the company having the capital of VPTU, which is operating the biggest hotel in the province.
- Counseling and assisting an investment company in the acquisition of a Korean-invested company, which is the investor of the Beach Resorts – Villas and Golf Resorts Project with a transaction value of USD 100 million (USD).
- Counseling a group of investors including an investment company on the acquisition of shares of Vietnam’s leading food production company for USD 130 million (USD).
- Counseling a group of investors in the transfer of 100% of shares in a real estate company that owns a residential project in Ho Chi Minh City with a transaction value of USD 150 million (USD).
- Counseling an investment company in the cross-border acquisition of a foreign company on the British Virgin Island, holding a 70% stake in a foreign state-owned joint venture in Vietnam that has an office building for rent on Nguyen Du Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City with a transaction value of USD 40 million (USD).
- Counseling an investment company on the acquisition of a listed media and entertainment company and its subsidiary with a transaction value of USD 21 million (USD).
INVESTMENT IN INDUSTRIAL PARK INFRASTRUCTURE
- Representing Korean investors to seek investment approval and to proceed with the Investment Project on constructing and running a business on infrastructure light industry park in Quang Ngai The investment capital of the project is 57 million USD and the acreage of the park is 249.51 Ha.
- Counseling and drafting documentation to issue and offer for shares in Energy Company – the investor of the solar power project in Long An and Soc Trang province.
- Representing a Vietnamese Company to negotiate, review and finalize the exclusive franchise contract with an Australian Company for operating Gloria Jean’s Coffee shops in Vietnam.
- Representing a famous singer to sue for music royalties from VNG Joint Stock Company for demanding remuneration paid to the author, copyright holder, copyright related right holder.
- Counseling an investment fund and a group of investors specializing in conducting M&A transactions.
- Counselling SkyMusic on legal issues in connection with activities of distributing copyright, co-operating with singers, and composers, representing singers or composers to collect/ spend royalties…
- Counselling Citigym on legal issues concerning the operation of its gym chain, reviewing agreements, contracts, transactions with customers, partners and employees of Citigym…
Attorney Pham Thi Thoa frequently answers interviews on television channels such as FBNC, VITV, … publications such as Phap Luat, Nguoi Tieu Dung, Thoi Bao Kinh Te Sai Gon, VN Express,… and participates, as a speaker, in seminars, talk shows about career orientation at Ton Duc Thang University, University of Economy and Law, RMIT University…
- Buying off-the-plan houses: a view from Saigon South Plaza project, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 18 July 2019.
- Difficulties in royalties and remuneration for singers and musicians: What’s the solution? – posted on The Saigon Times, dated 17 October 2019.
- The driver is in a weak position when cooperating with a car company, dated 12 September 2019.
- Applying bankruptcy law to recover debts, posted on The SaigonTimes, dated 24 October 2019.
- Consideration regarding the solar power business plan, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 14 November 2019.
- From “Domain Speculation” to… “Trademark Speculation”, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 8 February 2020.
- Who Will Have Exclusive Ownership Of Corona Vaccine?, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 21 February 2020.
- Rule of Law Index 2020 của The World Justice Project (WJP).
- Living in the age of Covid-19 – enterprises rescue themselves by bankruptcy declaration, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 16 April 2020.
- Startup funding during Covid-19, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 20 April 2020.
- How to manage intellectual property in the enterprise?, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 14 May 2020.
- Undergraduates seeking part-time jobs are deceived – Ponzi scheme continues disguising, posted on The Saigon Times, dated 9 July 2020.