DINH QUANG LONG | Alex
Lawyer Dinh Quang Long has over 10 years of experience in consulting investment regulations, M&A, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts advisory for large local and foreign clients such as LG Electronics, The Body Shop, DWP, HBA, Baskin Robin, Hoa Tuc, Oxalis, Wall Street English, Chesterton, Ninjavan, Topcake, etc.
Before being a co-founder of Apolat Legal Law Firm, Lawyer Dinh Quang Long used to hold the positions of the Head of Consulting Division at An Luat Law Firm; and Head of Southern Legal Department at LG Electronics Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Lawyer Dinh Quang Long has practiced for over 10 years in counselling on investment regulations, M&A, corporate restructuring, employment issues for large local and foreign clients such as LG Electronics, Opticon, Vietbeko, The Body Shop, DWP, Baskin Robin, Yellow Cab, K-Group, …
Representative legal matters
- Advised Phu My Vinh, a water exploitation, treatment and supply company, on negotiating with a Malaysian Water Company to sell shares of Phu My Vinh (the current owner of two water plants in Long An Province).
- Advised the shareholders of Five Star Gas Joint Stock Company, a company with a gas distribution network in Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong province, and Dong Nai province, on share transfer transactions and calling for foreign investors in the Company’s projects.
- Advised TopCake, a bakery company with a factory in Long An, on the transfer of its factory, trademark as well as handling of dispute related to its assets.
- Advised CDR Vietnam, a start-up company in Vietnam in the field of cloth distribution, on receiving investment capital from a Singaporean Investment Fund.
- Advised Ha Anh petroleum retail company, on transferring the entire company to another investor.
FOREIGN INVESTMENTS IN VIETNAM
- Advised Seyoung – Hoa Hiep, a Korean and Vietnamese joint venture, to establishment of a metal manufacturing plant at Khanh Hoa province and on its post-establishment operation.
- Advised myWorld and Lyconet on incorporating a Foreign – Invested company in Vietnam, beginning its cash-back business operation, and building an advertising and product promotion team.
- Advised Filipino Investors on reviewing loans in Vietnam, signing agreements, and implementing loan guarantees, with gross transaction value of up to USD 3 million.
- Advised and assisted the Client being a Vietnamese investor in financing and funding a residential construction project with a project area of up to 75,000 m2 in Binh Duong owned by a well-known real estate company through a temporary share acquisition over the project owner.
- Advised Hyundai Shipbuilding on its entire business operation in Vietnam.
- Advised China Electric Power Vinh Tan Operating Company on legal issues relating to labor, commercial contracts, and operating the power system.
- Advised The Gioi Tho on legal issues related to the operation of a technology company, operating policies, agreements with workers and users, online promotions, etc.
- Advised HTGroup on the establishment of restaurant chain networks of Anh Tuk, Tuk Tuk, Hue, Chi Hoa, etc., and reviewing the partnership agreements on chain networks development.
- Advised The Body Shop on the establishment of cosmetic retail store chains in major cities.
- Advised Geniebook on expanding its online training business in Vietnam. Geniebook is a startup that successfully raised $16.6 million in the Series A round from East Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and several other angel investors.
- Advised Oxalis, the only travel company in Vietnam entitled to exploit tourism at Hang Son Doong, the largest cave in the world.