Before being a partner of Apolat Legal Law Firm, Lawyer Nguyen Minh Tien used to hold the key position in many projects in advising and assisting many local and foreign; being the Head of Litigation Team at ATIM Law Firm.
Lawyer Nguyen Minh Tien has practised for over 9 years in counselling litigation service, providing retainer services for large local and foreign clients such as Castrol, Toshiba, Unicity, Tupperware, Abeo, Cadivi…
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Refinery and Petrochemical Company, a member of PVN, in its daily operation including but not limited to preparation its investment projects, bidding process, review of its contracts in many aspects, internal rules and processes, advising and assisting with resolution of many disputes (2017 to 2018).
- Advised, reviewed and translated template contracts for a FDI company, whose businesses are manufacturing and distribution of lubricant products, includes: distribution contracts, investment contracts and contracts for buying goods or services from its suppliers in Vietnam (2020).
- Advised and represented an FDI, whose main business is distribution of supplement food in model of multi-level sales, in settling the disputes with its distributors (2020-2021); the dispute with Custom Authority relating to clarification of HS code (2020); restructuring organization (2020); and the disputes with an employee at position of HR manager.
- Advise and represented a Japanese Company, whose business are manufacturing and distribution of home appliance products in handling crisis of fake products imported from China (2020).
- Be member of the team providing retainer services to many companies in many sectors.
- Advised and represented a FDI company, whose main businesses are manufacturing and distributing animal foods, in settling the disputes with its employee resulting from its organization restructuring.
- Provided legal opinions on 10 legal matters relating to performance of the EPC contract between EVN, an electric state corporation, and a Japanese contractor for building a Power Thermal Plant (2021).
- Be member of consulting team advising a state authority on performance of a consultant contract for the Metro Line 2 Project (Ben Thanh – Tham Luong) from 2015 to 2016.
- Be member of team advising and performing required procedures to merge a local company with a company with 100% owned by foreign investors (2015).
- Be member of a team advising and representing the Singapore investors in successfully settling a dispute over capital transfer, the clients succeeded in its claim for compensation of USD 200 million (2013-2017).
- Be member of a team reviewing BOT/BT contracts in relation to 55 road transportation projects across the country and then prepared a report of these contracts in both English and Vietnamese to submit to World Bank in preparation for the public private partnership (PPP) framework of Vietnam (2015).
- Be in charge of providing with retainer services advice for the assigned clients such as: Castrol, Toshiba, Unicity, Tupperware, Abeo, Cadivi… Retainer service is a service providing legal advices on all legal matters arising day to day of an enterprise.