Thanh Dang graduated with a Bachelor of Business Law from the University of Economics and Law, Vietnam National University. During the course of studying and pursuing the law career, Thanh has gained his practice experience by practicing in several law firms, corporates, as well as a court. Before joining Apolat Legal, he worked as a paralegal at several professional law firms and at the same time achieved a number of valued certificates to broaden his academic background for the purpose of becoming a professional international lawyer.
In February 2021, Thanh joined Apolat Legal to proceed to improve his practical legal knowledge and skills as well as pursuing his legal career path.
As a paralegal at Apolat Legal, Thanh Dang participates in a variety of legal areas, mainly in the fields of Business and investment, international commercial & trade, M&A Consulting and Dispute resolution. Thanh is also in charge of assisting Partners and Associates in conducting legal research, reviewing, translating, preparing documents, contracts, etc.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an investment firm on a $100 million (USD) acquisition of a Korean-invested company being the investor of the real estate project of Resort – Villa and Golf course.
- Advising a group of Vietnamese investors on a $130 million (USD) acquisition of a Vietnam’s leading egg production company.
- Advising an investment company on a cross-border acquisition of a foreign company in BVI holding 70% of a foreign-state joint venture in Vietnam having an office-rental building located in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advising an investment company on an acquisition of a foreign-state-invested securities company in Vietnam with the valuation at $10 million (USD).
- Advising an investment company on an acquisition of a media and entertainment listed company and its subsidiary.
- Advising a petroleum retailer to sell its retail petrol stations with the transfer value up to VND 200 billion.
- Advising and representing one of the oldest real estate franchisors of estate agents in negotiation of a Franchise Agreement and in Franchise registration in Vietnam.
- Advising a leading multinational company providing a ride-hailing service with millions of users on the legal framework for the ride-hailing application in Vietnam.
- Drafting a whole series of contracts for one of the world-leading logistics companies to import and transport the oversized and overweight wind turbine to the Wind Power Plant Project in Vietnam.
- Advising a multinational company providing a cryptocurrency trading platform/service on the legal framework for cryptocurrency exchange in Vietnam.
- Advising a multinational finance company in European on its international finance structures/models to run in Vietnam regarding asset-backed securities.
- Drafting a Cooperation Agreement with a leading telecommunications company in Vietnam on developing interactive and e-commerce services via television.