Cao Duy Khoi (Mr. Khoi), who has started working as an intern at Apolat Legal Law Firm since November 2018, became an official staff as a paralegal in May 2019.
During the process of working at Apolat Legal Law Firm, Mr. Khoi supports and takes part in the team along with Partners and Associates of the firm in various fields relating to enterprise law, investment law, contracts, M&A transactions, disputes. He usually takes main responsibilities for preparing documents, researching legal matters, working with the state agencies, reviewing contract as requested.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participating in consulting for a Vietnamese company specializing in clean water exploiting, treatment, and distribution, to sell their shares to global investment incorporation;
- Participating in researching and consulting for a Singapore financial-technology company to acquire the entire capital contribution of a company specializing in providing foreign currency receipt and payment services in Vietnam;
- Participate in consulting and undertaking due diligence to assist Singaporean investors to acquire the contribution of a Polyclinic in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Participating in undertaking legal due diligence in a share transfer transaction of a company – a chain of food supply stores in Ho Chi Minh City to a group of Philippine investors.
Labor and dispute resolution
- Providing legal advice to a group of employees suing the employer – a software company specializing in the production of software. The lawsuit related to the obligations that the employer must perform when illegally firing employees;
- Providing legal advice, negotiating representative and participating in dispute resolution for a customer – a seafood company acts as a plaintiff in the dispute of compensation for damage in the process of exporting and transporting fish to France;
- Participating in consulting, resolving disputes in other cases related to real estate, inheritance, marriage and family… and negotiating representative, debt recovery.
- Advising on legal compliance, carrying out legal procedures related to business activities of the companies with 100% investment capital from Taiwan specializing in manufacturing and trading helmets for motorcycles, and motorbike with a worldwide consumption market; and another company specializing in manufacturing and trading kitchen furniture;
- Participating in consulting on transaction structure and conditions to operate the project of construction and business of commercial apartments formed in the future;
- Participating in in-depth research and consulting on the establishment of foreign language centers and foreign-invested informatics centers;
- Advising on legal compliance and carrying out legal procedures related to offshore investment activities for one of the leading companies in Vietnam specializing in the production and distribution of chemicals;
- Consulting on corporate compliance and other legal issues related to the regular operation of a chain of food stores with Korean investment in Vietnam.