[Legal Updates] Letter Of Quick Legal Update 2019102121/11/2019 admin
Enterprises must to use electronic invoices from November 1st, 2020
On September 30th, 2019, the Ministry of Finance issued the Circular No. 68/2019/TT-BTC on guiding some Articles of Decree No. 119/2018/ND-CP dated September 12th, 2018 issued by the Government on providing regulations on electronic invoices for selling goods and providing services.
This Circular has provided some provisions for the use of electronic invoices as follows:
- From November 1st, 2020, enterprises, economic organizations, other organizations, business households and individuals shall have to register for applying electronic invoices;
- There is no need for having all required contents in the invoice under some following circumstances;
- The electronic signature of the buyer is not required on the electronic invoice (including the case of electronic invoicing when selling goods or providing services to customers in foreign countries). In case the buyer is a business organization and the buyer and seller have agreed that the buyer shall satisfy the technical conditions for digital signature, electric signature to sign on the electronic invoice made by the seller, so the electronic invoice shall have the digital signature, electronic signature of the seller and buyer under the agreement between the two parties.
- The electronic invoices for sales at supermarkets and trade center where the buyers are non-business individuals, the invoices are not required to have the name, address, and tax identification number of the buyer.
- The invoices for construction, installation services; and construction of houses for sale with payment under the contract schedule shall not be required to have the unit, quantity, and unit price.
Circular No. 68/2019/TT-BTC comes into effect on November 14th, 2019.
Download Legal Updates as a PDF here.