[Legal Updates] Monthly Newsletter 09/202005/10/2020 admin
1. Our prominent legal articles in September 2020
In September, Apolat Legal published a list of issues that foreign-invested companies have to comply with after obtaining an Investment Registration Certificate and Enterprise Registration Certificate. For more details, please visit here.
Additionally, our personnel had some remarkable articles, specifically:
- Thieu Thi Kieu Thu had an article “ESOP is taken advantage of and risk of shareholder disputes” with useful information on Saigon Economic Times No. 36-2020 on September 02nd, 2020. To read the entire article, please visit here.
- Lawyer Le Tien Dat with the Article “Cross ownership between parent-subisdiary companies in Vietnam”, provides a legal summary on the regulations of cross ownership in accordance with the laws of Vietnam. To read the entire article, please visit here.
- Lawyer Bui Bich Phuong with the Article “Naturalization in Vietnam, difficult or easy?”, provides an overview information to the legislation of Vietnam in naturalizing Vietnamese nationality. To read the entire article, please visit here.
Moreover, Clients can visit https://apolatlegal.com/category/articles to refer to more legal articles suitable to your demand.
2. The remarkable news in September 2020
- Ministry of Industry and Trade issued Circular No. 21/2020/TT-BCT dated September 09th, 2020 regulating the procedure of granting license for electricity activities. For more information about the content of the Circular, please see here.
- Resolution No.129/NQ-NP dated September 11th, 2020, the Government agreed with the proposal of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and the Government Office on solving difficulties for production and business in the context of pandemic Covid-19. Detailed instructions, please refer here.
- After Decision No. 13/2020/QD-TTg dated April 6th, 2020 of the Prime Minister on mechanism to encourage the development of solar power in Vietnam and Circular No. 18/2020/TT-BCT dated July 17th, 2020 regulations on project development and standard power purchase and sale contracts applicable to solar power projects, to ensure rooftop solar system development in accordance with the spirit of Resolution 55-NQ/On February 11th, 2020 of the Politburo on the orientation of the Vietnam National Energy Development Strategy to 2030, with a vision to 2045, on September 22nd, 2020, the Ministry of Industry and Trade has issued Official Letter No. 7088/BCT-ĐL on guiding the implementation of roof-top solar energy development. Detailed instructions, please refer here.
- On September 25th, 2020, Prime Minister has signed Decree No. 114/2020/ND-CP detailing the implementation of Resolution No. 116/2020/QH14 of National Assembly on reduction of corporate income tax (CIT) payable in 2020. Detailed instructions, please refer here.
3. The remarkably executed legislation in September 2020
|No.||DOCUMENT TITLE||EXECUTION DATE||EFFECTIVE DATE|
Decree 102/2020/ND-CP regulating Vietnam timber legality assurance system
|2.||Decree 103/2020/ND-CP regulating certification of fragrant rice varieties exported to the European Union
Decree 109/2020/ND-CP regulating extension of deadline for submission of excise tax for domestically manufactured or assembled automobiles
Decree 111/2020/ND-CP regulating special preferential export tax tariffs and special preferential import tax tariffs of Vietnam for the performance of free trade Agreement between Vietnamese Socialist Republic and the European Union for the period 2020 – 2022
Circular 21/2020/TT-BCT of Ministry of Industry and Trade, regulating the procedure of granting license for electricity activities
Download Legal Updates as a PDF here.