[Legal Updates] Letter Of Quick Legal Update 20191029admin
- Supplementing detailed description of labor contract;
- Supplementing more specific provisions on cases of overtime work from 200 hours to 300 hours per year;
- Changing the retirement age to 62 years for men and 60 years for women;
- Expanding the right to unilaterally terminate the labor contract of the employer;
- Supplementing the provision that employers are entitled to sign multiple time-definite labor contracts with employees who are the elders and foreigners.
The draft Labor Code (amended) is expected to be approved at the end of the National Assembly session.
2| Things to know about special safeguards measures to enforce the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership
On 30th September 2019, the Ministry of Industry and Trade issued the Circular No. 19/2019/TT-BCT on regulating the application of special safeguards measures to enforce the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
This Circular regulates the application of special safeguards measures to enforce the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership, which are:
- Safeguard measures to be taken during the transition period;
- Emergency measures for textile products.
- There is an absolute or relative increase in imports relative to the volume and quantity of domestic production of the goods under investigation;
- The domestic industry is suffered from serious damage or threatened with serious damage;
- The excessive increase in the import of investigated goods is the cause of serious damages or threat to cause serious damages to the domestic manufacturing industry.