About Tran Chau Hoai Han
Tran Chau Hoai Han joined Apolat Legal in 2017 and became an associate in August 2019. He focuses his practice on intellectual property, contract and international commercial law. He also has substantial experience in corporate governance and competition law.
Mr. Han Tran routinely acts for clients on IP matters, including: copyright, trademarks, industrial design, trade secrets, unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, domain names, IP commercializing process, franchising, licensing arrangements and technology laws. He also provides regulatory advices on various areas of law affecting the day-to-day operation of business entities, including corporate governance, commercial and licensing. His clients cover a wide range of industries, including technology, retail, transportation, food and beverage, distribution, entertainment, …
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a fin-tech company in its fund raising deal from group of Nextrans (a Korean venture capital fund) and Beenext (an American seed & early stage venture capital firm);
- Advised Jcorp Technology Pte Ltd (a Singapore fin-tech company) in its acquisition of shares in a Vietnamese fin-tech company;
- Advised a major hospitality management firm in ASEAN Mondelez International in its acquisition deal of capital in a five-stars luxury hotel in Vietnam;
- Advised real estate companies on their real estate project’s acquiring deals, including due diligence, contracts, licenses.
- Advised and represented large F&B company in negotiation of a Franchise agreement and related documentation for a global coffee brand.
IP dispute resolution
- Advised and represent a famous singer (as the plaintiff) to resolve copyright dispute with the largest music streaming site of Vietnam;
- Advised and represent a Vietnamese popular brand of backpack, suitcase (as the plaintiff) to resolve domain usage dispute and handling unfair competition of another competitor;
- Advised Taipei famous cosmetic production company on unfair-competition and trademark infringement cases;
- Advised one of the largest music licensing companies on day-to-day operation and music licensing in Vietnam market;
- Advised one of the largest UK cosmetic companies on distribution and agency contracts.
- Advised a major Japan food production company to resolve its sale contract dispute with Vietnamese supplier in Vietnam.
- Advisded various technology, e-commerce and distribution companies on day-to-day operation.
- Advised and representing various clients on franchising projects, distribution transactions, partnership agreement and other trading deals in Vietnam.
- Bangor Law School, Bangor University, the UK (LL.M. International Intellectual Property Law) (2019)
- The University of Economics and Law (Ho Chi Minh National University), Vietnam (LL.B. International Commercial Law) (2017)
- Author, “IP Due Diligence in a M&A deal“, The SaigonTimes, 5 March 2020.
- Contributor, “Startup funding during Covid-19“, The SaigonTimes, 24 April 2020.
- Author, ”The impact of Covid-19 pandemic on M&A deals”, The SaigonTimes, 7 May 2020.
- Contributor, “Doing Business 2021 – Resolving Insolvency“, World Bank Group, 3 June 2020.
- Co-author, “The demand to establish Intellectual Property Courts system in Viet Nam“, The SaigonTimes, 13 August 2020.