About Le Tien Dat
Lawyer Le Tien Dat (Mr Dat Le) having 10 years of experience at the leading law firm in Vietnam specializing in areas such as corporate, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), real estate projects, construction, inbound and outbound investment projects, disputes mediation and settlement, international trading of goods. At present, in addition to being a Partner of Apolat Legal Law Firm, he is also Liquidation Partnership and Arbitrator of Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC).
Representative Legal Matters
- being a team leader for successfully advising and supporting a client via its major shareholder to acquire 100% capital contribution of a giant wood manufacturer company, who own the land use ownership of more than 24,000 square meters of land and factories in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam with the deal value approximately USD2,150,000. The purpose of the deal is to expand factories to produce and export of the client to its customers in the United States of America and Europe;
- being a team leader for advising and supporting a client who is a company in Khanh Hoa, Vietnam to successfully conduct a cross-border M&A transaction over a company established in Japan and operating in the field of trading in agricultural machines and equipment;
- being a core team member and contact person for a world leader of lenses and all areas of eye care for their incorporation, development and acquisition of distribution system in Ho Chi Minh City and Long An Province, Vietnam;
- being a team member in undertaking legal due diligence investigation, producing detailed legal advice on restructuring, antitrust filling and relevant procedures in Vietnam, and preparation of definitive transaction documents in the course of acting for one of Japan’s largest beverage companies operating in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam in its successfully completed strategic investment in a Vietnam-domiciled subsidiary of a famous beverage company;
- being a core team member in acting for a Hong Kong-based public company on preparation of a legal due diligence report, and definitive transaction documents, doing post completion procedures, arranging completion and closing at onshore level during the course of its multi-national acquisition of a global construction-related consulting group, including its Vietnam subsidiary;
- being a core team member for an investment fund based in the United States of American and British Virgin Islands implementing an M&A and share swap deal in a listed Vietnamese company;
- being involved in other M&A deals in different areas, including logistics, technical testing and inspection services, education and training, pharmacy distribution, commodity wholesaling and retailing, construction materials production and trading, management consulting, FMCG, and agriculture;
- being a team leader for successfully advising and supporting a Japanese Investor to conduct a M&A transaction over a Vietnamese Company which has its businesses in wine contribution, HR services, and wholesales of Japanese products.
Inward foreign investment
- being a core team member in acting for a listed Singapore company to acquire 100% shares of a shipyard in Ba Ria- Vung Tau Province, Vietnam with the deal value of 10 million USD;
- being a core consulting member in acting for setting up and implementing two new urban projects in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam with total land scale of more than 800ha;
- being a core consulting team member for an investment consortium of 6 companies based in the United Kingdom to exit from 4 projects of Industrial Park, Port, Residential, and Industrial Utilities Services concerning a parcel of land up to 600ha in Long An Province, Vietnam with the deal value of 270 million USD; and
Labour and employment
- providing legal advice and preparing relevant supporting documents and training for one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world relating to the organizational re-structuring of its two representative offices in Vietnam (in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City).
- The Ho Chi Minh University of Law – Commercial Law (LL.B – 2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lawasia – Member
- The Bar Association of Ho Chi Minh City – Member
- The Bar Federation of Vietnam – Member
- Arbitrator of Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC)
- Investment through nominee structure in Vietnam (Le Tien Dat), posted on Lexology, dated 28 May 2020.
- Investment in solar power field in Vietnam – Is it still attractive to foreign investors? (Le Tien Dat), post on Lexology, dated 12 May 2020.
- Do not let the businesses to grope in the process of “socialization” (Luong Van Ly – Le Tien Dat – Nguyen Thi Hang), posted on The Saigon Times, dated 18 January 2018.
- Doing business 2020 (Pham Hong Manh – Le Tien Dat – Nguyen Vu Hoang Long – Thieu Thi Kieu Thu) of World bank group.
- Rule of Law Index 2020 of The World Justice Project (WJP).
- Trade origin fraud remains problem for Vietnam despite US-China deal, posted on GTR (Global Trade Review), dated 11 February, 2020.
- Which solution for protection of domain names in Vietnam? (Le Tien Dat – Ho Tuong Vy), posted on Asia Pacific Regional Forum News of the Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, Vol 18 No 2, August 2011.