Legal Updates in the context of Covid-1907/06/2021 admin
1. Ho Chi Minh City supports workers whose workplaces are blocked or isolated because of Covid-19
The Labor Confederation of Ho Chi Minh City issued Official Dispatch No. 374/LDLD-CSPL guiding the implementation of Decision No. 2606/QD-TLD of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor on emergency support for union members and employees affected by the Covid-19 epidemic in the 4th outbreak since 27th April 2021.
Accordingly, this Official Dispatch guides other special cases specified in Clause 6, Article 1, Decision 2606/QD-TLD, when one of the following conditions is met:
- Employees who have to stop working due to production reduction, blockade or isolation at the workplace due to the Covid-19 epidemic;
- Employees who quit or lose their jobs without unemployment insurance;
- Employees who have a parent/spouse/child being medically isolated at home or one person is F0, F1;
- Members of the epidemic prevention and control safety group or members mobilized to participate in epidemic prevention and control activities at enterprises who must apply epidemic prevention and control measures of the competent authorities.
2. Postponing the time of paying union fee dued for businesses facing difficulties because of Covid-19th to 31st December 2021
On 28th May 2021, the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor issued Official Dispatch No. 2059/TLD on postponing the time of paying union fees for businesses affected by the Covid-19 epidemic.
With the spirit of Vietnam Trade Union accompanying businesses and the Government, for sustainable jobs and increasing incomes of workers, contributing to improving national competitiveness and sustainable development of the country, the Presidium of the Vietnam General Confederation of Confederation of Labor has agreed to allow production and business enterprises affected by the Covid-19 epidemic (enterprises with a number of employees participating in social insurance must temporarily resign from 50% of the total number of employees who are subject to compulsory social insurance contributions or more) may postpone the time of paying trade union fee dues to 31st December 2021.